The 2015 Dubai Racing Comprehensive, a detailed guide to the 2015 Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan Racecourse, was prepared by Pat Cummings of Trakus & Dubai Race Night.
The 2015 Dubai Racing Comprehensive
By Pat Cummings
Welcome to the 2015 Dubai Racing Comprehensive!
This year, we offer a completely digital version of our annual preview of the Dubai World Cup Carnival. You can use this page and link as a landing for all of the content , or search through the blog for each of our stories.
Depending on where you are in the world, it will be ten days/nights of competitive racing, big fields, gaudy purses, and some phenomenal competition from around the world. Rarely do we get the chance to see horses that are or were originally based in Europe, the Americas, South Africa, and occasionally even eastern Asia and Australia compete on the same platform with regularity. That is the single driving force of the Carnival – bring together global competition and have it out on the track.
The crowning jewel is one stellar race meeting on Saturday, March 29 – the 20th renewal of the Dubai World Cup meeting. Last year, it produced the world's top rated performance according to the Longines World's Best Racehorse Rankings when Just A Way (pictured below) won the Dubai Duty Free by more than six lengths.
Throughout the Carnival, DubaiRaceNight.com will offer full previews of the Carnival meetings, tips from Pat Cummings, Joe Kristufek, and Mackenzie Kirker-Head, a review of each Carnival meeting with our immediate reactions, and much more. Don't forget to follow us and interact on Twitter for the most up-to-date thoughts – @DubaiRaceNight.
We offer our great thanks to the folks at AmWest Entertainment and AmWager for their support of the Dubai Carnival. Please take a moment to learn more about AmWest, AmWager and their offerings.
The Dubai World Cup Carnival changes a little bit with each passing year and in 2015, the biggest change of all will be the return of dirt. Meydan removed their all-weather surface after five diverse seasons and replaced it with a dirt surface that has hosted five local meetings of racing thus far. Still, though, there will be more Carnival races run on the wide grass course than the new dirt, and there is no lack of international interest.
Here are the various topics for the 2015 Dubai Racing Comprehensive. Click on the link next to each bullet point for each entry.
- Looking back on the 2014 Carnival. Review the jockey and trainer standings, average dividends from the international tote, the performance of favorites (and a surprising stat regarding odds-on choices), an interesting trend in post positions on grass, and one of the most head-scratching trainer-related statistics we've ever encountered .
- How is the new dirt playing? Through five non-Carnival race days at Meydan, some early trends have emerged that could be VERY useful when reviewing the form for the Carnival races.
- Beware the South American imports – boom or bust? Some are imported a year in advance, others ship in and remain in constant training. Some have won on Dubai World Cup night, while others win first-up and are never sighted near the finish again.
- What does top South African trainer Mike de Kock have in store for the Carnival? Get a full preview of the big yard with thoughts from the trainer.
- Get up-to-date on the local scene. We preview the key local trainers who rarely race outside of the UAE, but will have a big impact on the day-to-day fields at the Carnival. These guys won 41% of the Carnival dirt races in the last three years at Nad Al Sheba, and we think they are primed for a load of success this year.
- Six horses to watch for 2015. Our eyes are focused on: a former American based runner for Godolphin hopes to keep it together, a pair of UK-based runners with incredibly dirt-centric pedigrees, and a trio of classy runners from European extremities likely to be overlooked.
- The eligible runners for the 2015 Carnival. A listing of the horses rated by the Emirates Racing Authority as of January 2, 2015, those named as possible runners but not rated, and the lack of detail on Godolphin runners.
- The 2015 Dubai World Cup Carnival stakes schedule – you won't want to miss these big races leading towards the big night.
- The 2015 Dubai World Cup Carnival race conditions (PDF file) – the Dubai Racing Club's schedule for the Carnival.
- Do you tweet? Here are a few accounts we suggest following for 2015 Dubai World Cup Carnival insights.
- ATTENTION Owners/Trainers – Have a horse you want to nominate for the World Cup meeting? Review this PDF guide from the Dubai Racing Club . Free nominations close January 16, 2015.
- Get an early look at the ante-post markets for the 2015 Dubai World Cup.
We hope you enjoy all that is detailed within the Dubai Racing Comprehensive.
Pictures within the Dubai Racing Comprehensive are courtesy of Cedric Lane. For more details, please visit this link.
Have any thoughts or comments on the Dubai Racing Comprehensive? Reach out to us in the comments section at the bottom of this page, or email the Editor, Pat Cummings – pat @ dubairacenight . com
Download the 2014 Dubai World Cup Racing Comprehensive, for all the information you need to prepare for the world's richest day of racing - the 2014 Dubai World Cup on Saturday, March 29th.
Written by Pat Cummings of Trakus & Dubai Race Night and presented by AmWest Entertainment.
Download the Dubai Racing Comprehensive, a detailed guide to the 2014 Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan Racecourse written by Pat Cummings of Trakus & Dubai Race Night.